Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dating Woes

I promised myself that I would not blog about dating but lately I have been having the craziest things happen that I have no choice but to write about it. Maybe it will help someone else or maybe it will get me some kind of TV deal. Hey, you never you.

Now, I consider myself a fair person. I would never marry for money because I enjoy achieving things on my own. My parents were not wealthy so I have always had to work for a living. No problem because I enjoy working but when I meet guys for a drink or dinner and they don't want to pay for the first meal I am a little baffled. True, I can pay for my own meal but there are times they want me to pay for their meal as well. I mean, what is that about?

I guess what I am saying is, what happened to be a gentleman? I mean, even independent self-sufficient women want to be treated to a meal sometimes. I am even open to paying for my part of the meal but I will NOT and I mean NOT ever pay for a man meals in the beginning of a relationship. I have been used and even bankrupt as a result of it and that won't ever happen again. Like Billy Holiday says in her famous tune "God Bless the Child Who's Got His Own."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home