Monday, February 18, 2008

Freelancing just may be the way to go

I am a writer and even when I worked other jobs to make a living, I was a writer. I always wrote and made time for writing. I would even dream of the moment that I could do it for a living and when I would be able to work from home.

That time has now come and with that I have always gotten the chance to work freelance for a few magazines and films. Freelance work is so satisfying and wonderful. I used to think I would be bored working from home alone but I don't. I am actually more disciplined and get more done. It is truly an experience I am thankful for everyday.

I was even asked recently if I every planned to go back to a 9 to 5 more secure job. First of all, what is a secure job? There is no such thing. Anything can change at anytime. Layoffs happen and companies consolidate so my answer was that my goal is to enjoy freelancing for a long time. Why allow fear of what seems not so secure, stop me from enjoying the awesome time I'm having as a freelancer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home