Sunday, January 20, 2008

MAC or PC

It is just a little after the New Year and I need a new laptop. I fought the urge for a while but my desk top has decided to no longer cooperate with me. When I discuss this with people, the first question that I get asked is: Do you want a MAC or a PC? I don't respond right away, but my first question for them is this: What difference does it make? I am a writer, not a filmmaker, film editor or graphic artist? I mean really. I just need something where I can create content, save and store my material.

The arguments are the same. MAC users swear MACs are better and PC owners swear PCs are better. To be honest, I just want something that works. I also want to buy something that I can afford and a machine that lasts me at least 5 years. Who has time to continue to transfer material from computer to computer.

Once I get my new computer, I have to transfer my important files. I also currently own PC related software that I need to reload. Will this load correctly on a MAC? Can I transfer PC files to a MAC with few problems and at a reasonable costs? I also need to be able to work seamlessly as soon as possible. Maybe when I have more time and money to change systems and explore something new, I will make a change. Maybe I will keep both in my apartment for diversity.

For now, and since I need to work I will just keep what I am familiar with so I can continue to work and stay in the game keeping abreast of what is going on in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home