Sunday, November 23, 2008

You Have to Have Your Own Mind

I am a fan of advertising. As a writer, it is part of how I make my living. The thing is though, I am one of the rare people not quickly influenced by what I see on TV or the movies. I don't have to see celebrities with the newest designer bag to go out and get one. If I want a new purse, I will just but one. Why is it that I would need a celeb to show up at a hip party with a new outfit or accessory before I decide to buy something. Why would I buy anything at all if I did not need it.

Don't get me wrong, I follow some trends and even like many things in style. I have a lot of beliefs as many people but there has to come a time when I and other go against the grain and do my own thing. I don't always like the latest fashions. I don't always thing the newest actor or singer is so great.

Are we supposed to learn to think for ourselves and ultimately make our own decision? Isn't that the case. I really do wish more people would think for themselves. Following the crowd can only work for a while. At some point in everyone lives, they have to have their own mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home