Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Joys of Traveling

As a kid, it was always my goal to travel to new places around the world and to meet new people. The thought of being in a different place far away from the normal activities of the day intrigued me. As I grew older, little by little I was able to go to some of the places I had always dreamed of visiting. These experiences have great enriched my life even more than I can begin to say.

One would think that you would get tired of traveling, but I cannot say that has happened to me as of yet. I still love traveling. I don't much care for the checking in at customs, the airline delays or jet lag, but going some place new is always on my list of things to do. Always!

So I challenge everyone to put an end to the staycations and to opt for visiting somewhere new at least once a year. I find travel to be one of the most eye opening experiences you can have. It truly expands your mind and somehow coaxes you forget about yourself and challenges you to focus on learning something about someone else. Take a trip. It will be the best thing that you will ever do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Claudia Sampson said...

Miss Judy,

I couldn't agree with you more. My biggest challenge is finding the money more than the time to travel. I am not making excuses. It's just been my reality since I lost my high paying job (with all the perks like frequent flyer miles). Most of my travel has been limited to maybe one or two time zones in the U.S. How do you do it? I am trying to change up my life so that I can afford to travel abroad more before it's too late. I am so admire folks whoo can plan a year in advance. My life is a lot less structured and planned than theirs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

CA Sampson

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home